Thursday 22 March 2012

Stevia

On my quest to eat more healthily, I have recently read about the benefits of stevia. One of them is helping blood pressure. It is said that it can help lower it. Although I have high blood pressure, and take medication for this, I thought I'd try it. I bought Light at Heart by Tate and Lyle, which is a blend of white sugar and stevia. You can taste the sugar in it. I don't mind the taste of it. But don't know if I will buy it again because it is much dearer than artificial sweeteners (it's £2.49) and because it contains the sugar, it has more calories per tsp. I will keep on trying it and see how it goes.

Meantime, my weight has gone down a lot this year after going on the Slimming World Food Optimising Plan. So far I have lost 7 1/2 pounds, which I am v happy with. Watch this space for how I get on with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment