Sunday 12 June 2016

Foods being stopped

This post is a bit of a rant about foods that my mum and I have found that we both like and can eat, that then get discontinued. Why does this happen to us?

The first food that this happened to us was Sainsbury's Free From sausages. We liked those, but then found we couldn't buy them anymore. Thankfully, we have now found a good substitute in gluten-free sausages from Marks and Spencers.

The second food was ice cream. I really like ice cream and had found one I liked that agreed with me, as I am dairy intolerant. Then this was stopped and I found out that it was because that it had been made in a factory where other foods were made and could contaminate this. The manufacturers couldn't find another place to make it where it wouldn't come in contact with other foods. Thankfully, both Mum and I have found substitutes. Mum now eats St Helen's goat's milk ice cream and I eat coconut ice cream made by the Coconut Collabarative.

Now it seems that it could happen again to us. We have been eating Sainsbury's free from baguettes, which we enjoy instead of having a roll or sandwich. The last couple of weeks they have disappeared from the shelves. It could be that Dr Schar products are being put in their place. I do know that Dr Schar have just released a white baguette. We shall have to see what is in it to see if I can eat it or not, as I can't eat soya and apple fibre, which is in a couple of their bread stuff.

I shall let you know what I find. Has anyone else had this problem? Did it solve itself? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment