Tuesday 4 September 2012

My pledge for Zero Waste Week

This week is Zero Waste Week and lots of people are pledging to reduce waste, esp food.  As someone who is v keen on recycling, reducing and reusing, this is an ideal time for me to think about what I can do to reduce my waste and I have come up with an idea. I use baby wipes to wipe myself, and usually either flush them or bin them, depending on what I use it for. So this week, I have pledged to use them and flush them instead of binning them all the time. How have I been doing? Well, I had put two in my bedroom bin so far, but I have taken one out and flushed it down the toilet when I used that room.  I plan to do this during the week as I go along.  I had started using face wipes, which aren't biodegradable or flushable, but I pledge not to use any of these this week and just use warm water and flannel instead to wash my face in the evening.

Earlier this morning, I started reusing a magazine that came in the paper for catching hairs from my legs when I shaved them. That is another way to reduce wastage.

So, let me know what your pledge is, and how you plan to go about it and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment