Sunday 25 January 2015

A gluten no-go

I said to myself that I was going to try gluten products again after all the Xmas food had gone. That was a few weeks ago but I didn't get round to it until this last week. I had 3 ryvitas for lunch like I used to do to see what happened. I was OK all that afternoon, so thought I was fine. Then I had dinner. Shortly after that I got stomach pains, which got worse and worse. So, I wasn't fine with rye after all. That meant if I wasn't OK with rye, then I wouldn't be with oats. The following morning, I checked the dates on the oatcakes I had left. It was due to expire 5 days later so I emptied the contents into the bin and recycled the boxes. The remaining pack of ryvitas expires in July so I have kept that to give to my brother when I see him next. I had 6 cartons of Oat milk. I threw all those down the sink and recycled the Tetrapaks. I know it is a lot of food waste, and I normally hate throwing food away, but as it was nearly expired and I couldn't eat it anymore, I had to.

So, from now on, it is going to be gluten-free all the way from me. I shall finding out what I can eat when I go out for meals during the year and posting on here about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment