Sunday 11 January 2015

A gluten free Xmas

I know it's a little late in coming, but my mum and I had a gluten free Xmas. Here are just a few of the food goodies we ate:


We didn't eat all the crisps and potato sticks ourselves. Some of them were put out on Boxing Day when my brother et al came over. We did eat the Turkish Delight though. The peppermint creams were really nice. Will have those again next time. The box on the right at the front is Love More Free From Shortbreads. They were gorgeous and did taste of shortbread. Behind them in the middle are Kallo dark choc rice cakes. They are also v nice and not just at Xmas (lol). At the back are Love More Free From Xmas cake slices with icing on. They were lovely, too. Had a subtle and not too rich taste to them. Nice with soya custard. Under those, and you can't see, were Love More Free From mince pies. They were quite sweet and the juice from the mince was coming through the bottom of the pies. Also nice with custard. I have to say that even though I ate all of that, I didn't have any stomach problems like I have had done in the past.

The Kallo dark choc rice cakes you can get in anyway major supermarket. The Love More Free From foods came from Holland and Barretts. We will buy the cake slices again. The crisps were from Sainsbury's and the potato sticks from Lidl's.

So there you have some of what I ate gluten free at Xmas.

From now on, this blog will be focussing on either gluten and dairy free eating at home and out, and recycling issues. The next post will be about recycling Xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment