Monday 20 June 2011

Recycle week

It's recycle week this week and I know that Lewisham council have decided to do a trial run of recycling textiles from home. I don't know how but I think they will be delivering bags to put textiles in at home and you have to phone up for collection. I don't know how successful this will be as I normally take my textiles to Sainsbury's.

Anyway, I am setting a challenge for all of you out there. I want you to find out how much paper you recycle in a week. What I want you to do is to add up all the paper that comes through the letterbox and what you buy and let me know at the end of the week. What you can do is with menus that come in (I usually have at least 8 of those) you can create a chart with say columns marked Indian, Chinese, Charity etc, then one for newspapers and mags, and envelopes and other paper that you get in the post. Don't forget to shred any confidential papers with your name and address on. I will be doing this myself and let you know at the end of the week. So we can do it together.

Let me know at the end of the week, and you might be surprised to find out how much you get in a week. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment